Tuesday, July 29, 2008

LA was ROCKING 5.4!!!!

Woke up in the morning, switch my computer on and went on with my usual morning routine....came back to my computer, was checking my email when i heard the top of my apartment building shaking (i'm on the top floor) so i thought who on earth would be running up there, then the shake got harder and louder, soon enough, bottles were hitting against each other and my fridge was shaking left and right.

IT WAS AN EARTHQUAKE!!!

The whole place was shaking for a couple of seconds, that thing that went through my mind at that moment was "Oh dear, i hope it ends soon!". I couldn't do much but to wait it out and hope for the best. Although it was only a few seconds, it when it happened, it felt like it was very long, it was crazily amazing i have to say haha. How i wishes i could record the place shaking, you feel it all over the place, your feet, you see things moving, you hear things shaking rapidly!! Both my sis were in bed, when it happen, they actually thought i was the one shaking the bed and was kinda pissed at it until they woke up without having me in sight! What a joke!!! I heard one of my sister's voice "EARTHQUAKE!!". Apparently, the quake was centered in the hills south of Diamond Bar and Chino Hills, a good 40 miles from where i live. The dept was roughly 8 miles below surface, because this 5.4 Magnitude earth quake occurred so deep under us, that it affected people as far Las Vegas, there are also reports stating that people as far south in San Diego and Mexico felt the jolt, that's like the distance between KL and SG, imagine that, and 5.4 Magnitude is a relatively moderate level according to reports.

Below are report statements by the USGS :

July 29th, 2008's report



Above : Top 10 list of LA's highest quake magnitude.

This quake was a major one compared to what i felt back in 2005, i was at my old apartment with my friend, and suddenly, we felt the ground rattling and we look at each other in silence....and started laughing at yourselfs wondering what just happen!! Felt like a huge truck just ran through the roads out side my apartment, but there wasn't any trucks. Moments later a friend call to ask if we're alright, and we were informed of a minor earth quake. That was my first time, surely not the last. I'm going to prepare myself from now on.....




No comments: